Monday, January 17, 2011

Not going well

Well, it's been a crappy week.  Definitely every weight loss committment that I made last week went out the window as life threw me a lot of curve balls.  Lost purse, car accident, sick baby, teething baby, getting sick myself, too much time at work - just too much.

I'm irritated with myself.  I'm just now beginning to recognize that my journey towards a healthier lifestyle has been far too often blocked with, "I'll start when..."  And whether that's, when I finish school, when the baby's born, when the baby's one, when I feel better, when I'm not so stressed, too much of my time has been spent eating and waiting and eating and procrastinating.

So while I want to be compassionate with myself about an extraordinarily difficult week, I also need to recognize that here and now is the only time I have to lose weight.  Here and now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment